- 5 Top Rated Computer Vacuums Comparison Chart
- Best Computer Vacuums 2020 Reviews
- 1. Metro Vacuum MDV-1BA DataVac Pro
- 2. ED500P DataVac Metro Vacuum Electric Duster 500-Watt
- 3. MECO Rechargeable USB Mini Vacuum
- 4. Handyvac Handheld Computer Vacuum
- 5. Cordless Mini Honlibey Computer Vacuum
- Things to look for in a Computer or Keyboard Vacuum
- How do Computer Vacuums Work?
- Benefits of using a Computer Vacuum?
- Risks and Precautions when Using Computer Vacuums
- Wrap Up
It’s the year of smart homes, smart TVs, and overall smart living. We could complain all we want but the truth is that technology has made our lives much more convenient than ever. And that’s where the computer vacuum comes in. This is an ingenious machine that is designed to brush off dust and debris from your computer parts swiftly. And no, you can’t use your regular vacuum cleaner (doing so can risk the potential death of your system). Needless to say, if the keyboard you are using right now is all dusty and grimy, it’s time you take initiative once and for all.
But how do you know which computer vacuum cleaner is the best in the market? Surely, you don’t want to purchase a product that’s not worth your money or won’t do an excellent job of cleaning your computer. Rest assured, we have taken the liberty to compile a list of some of the best computer vacuums on the market right now.
5 Top Rated Computer Vacuums Comparison Chart
Before we provide you a detailed analysis of each product, here’s a quick overview of our comparison chart. Below, you’ll find a quick visual guide of some of the best PC vacuums available to buy. We’ve also highlighted a few key features that will help you decide which product offers the perfect fit for your needs.
|Best PC Vacuums 2020||Corded/Cordless||Voltage/Battery||Weight|
|Metro Vacuum MDV-1BA DataVac Pro||Corded||120 Volt||3 lbs|
|ED500P DataVac Metro Vacuum Electric Duster||Corded||120 Volt||2.7 lbs|
|MECO Rechargeable USB Mini Vacuum||Cordless||2000mAh||10.4 ounces|
|Handyvac Handheld Computer Vacuum||Cordless||2000mAh||1.6 ounces|
|Cordless Mini Honlibey Computer Vacuum||Cordless||2000mAh||10.4 ounces|
Best Computer Vacuums 2020 Reviews
We wouldn’t want you to be confused by the sea of choices available on the internet. To narrow things down, we have compiled a list of some of the most loved computer vacuums you can get your hands on.
Here are some of our top contenders:
- All steel construction
- Topnotch all-steel construction
- Powered by 120 volt, 4.5 amps
- Soft bristle brush for easy cleaning
- 4-piece micro cleaning kit
- 19-inch flexible hose, great for hard to reach spots
If you’re in search of something that is portable and won’t take up too much space, the Metro Vacuum MDV-1BA really is a good choice. You definitely get your money’s worth as the vacuum is quite powerful and does an excellent job (this is primarily why we have placed it on the top of our list). It is an excellent buy for folks who work with computers or closely with electronic repair. The robust machine works with full force and will ensure your keyboard is dust-free in a matter of minutes.
Most importantly, the vacuum is perfectly ESD safe with the plastic tips (this essentially means that you won’t have to worry about damaging sensitive computer equipment). Keep in mind that it’s very important to ensure the product you are buying is safe to use on computers. You can always contact the manufacturer if you have any doubts.
It is also a relief to know that you will get all the accessories you will need to get the job done thoroughly with your purchase. This includes a micro cleaning kit comprising of a crevice tool, attachments and micro brush.
No products found.
- Sturdy, all steel construction
- Powerful 500-watt motor
- Includes an air-flare nozzle, concentrator nozzle, and air pin-pointer
Now here’s the thing: while it’s important you clean your computer, some parts can be incredibly sensitive. And the fact that vacuum cleaners may generate static electricity doesn’t seem to make it any better. If you are skeptical about using these devices, your second-best shot is to invest in an electric blower/duster and that’s where the ED500P DataVac Metro Vacuum Electric Duster comes in.
This model does a pretty good job in clearing out dirt and debris from your keyboard and other devices. It also offers pretty great value for money and is a much better option compared to buying canned air.
The ED500P features a sturdy steel body and comes with a few accessories that allow you to get the job done easily. With your purchase, you get an air concentrator nozzle, a micro-cleaning tool kit and an air pin-pointer.
The original product is out of stock, check out this closest alternative:
- 【8000PA Strong Cyclonic Suction】 --- Our handheld vacuum with 60000RPM motor, in addition to quickly and easily sucking out pet hair, paper scraps and food debris, it can also remove hard-to-reach...
- 【Press the button for three seconds to open】Powerful Suction: Rechargeable vacuum cleaner with 2000mAh Li-battery provides powerful suction, cleaning dust, hairs, crumbs, scraps for laptop,...
- Incredibly powerful suction
- 2000mAh rechargeable Li-battery
- Includes two vacuum nozzles
- Effective filter system
If you are looking for a fuss-free keyboard vacuum, this is the best money can buy. It is powered by a 2000mAh battery and does a brilliant at job cleaning dust, crumbs and all kinds of other junk that shouldn’t be lodged inside your keyboard.
We also like how the device is fuss-free to use. You can plug it in anywhere you want and it’s ready to charge – perfect for people who would want a mini vacuum for office use. It’s also portable and easy to carry around.
Best of all, it comes with two different vacuum nozzles which means cleaning hard to reach spots should be a breeze. It also features an effective filter system that you can clean out and reuse at your convenience. This feature ensures that you can use the mini vacuum for many years to come.
- Multiple usage handheld vacumm: can used to clear dust for keyboards, laptops, cars, TVs, air conditioners, handbags, cosmetic bags, pet beds/houses, desktop, household furniture, etc.
- Super portable and lightweight vacuum
- Rechargeable 2000mAh
- Includes three nozzles for a number of applications
- Constructed using high-quality materials
- Two air outlets on either side
This here is another mini computer vacuum that you would want to get your hands on. It does an excellent job at removing dust and debris from keyboards and other computer devices. The Handyvac Handheld Computer Vacuum includes three accessories including a tube nozzle, brush nozzle and a flat nozzle. We highly recommend this product for cleaning crumbs, hair and other forms of dirt and debris from your keyboard. You will get the job done quickly without much fuss.
The device features two air outlets on each side which helps increase the rate at which heat is dispersed. Plus, you also get USB charging which you have to admit, is as convenient as it can get.
- Portable Cordless Vacuum: Portable handheld laptop cleaner CORDLESS mini vacuum keyboard cleaner,compressed air, mini size and lightweight, convenient carry to anywhere you go. 2 different nozzles...
- Cordless lightweight multipurpose vacuum cleaner
- 2000mAh lithium battery
- ABS exterior for better durability
- Includes two different nozzles
The final contender on our list is the New Cordless Mini Computer Vacuum. Don’t let its small size deceive you. It does an excellent job in cleaning and vacuuming away dirt, debris, hair crumbs and other tiny particles that may have collected on your keyboard.
It also comes with a number of attachments which makes it possible for you to clean paper scraps, particles in your makeup bag and cigarette ash. Overall, you are likely to get your money’s worth as the product is of great quality and also comes with a warranty.
The device features two air vents, resulting in better heat radiation. As for the accessories, you’ll get a washable filter, brush and nozzle. You can also buy a decent car vacuum from the same brand.
Things to look for in a Computer or Keyboard Vacuum
We do not recommend you to ever buy electronic devices on impulse! Especially when it comes to gadgets that may impact the way expensive computers may operate. Buying the right vacuum is crucial! And this starts by ensuring the device is safe to use on your computer.
Fair warning, before we start, please note that you can’t use a regular vacuum or duster on your computer. Your cleaning equipment needs to be ESD safe or you may wind up doing some serious damage to your computer.
Now let’s get down to what’s really important, here are a few factors you should consider when buying computer vacuum cleaners:
#1. Power Source
What kind of PC vacuum are you looking for? Chances are that you require something that’s compact and easy to use. But first, you’ll have to take the power source into account. As you’ve probably noticed, we’ve included a list of corded and cordless gadgets in our guide. Each type offers its own list of advantages and disadvantages.
For instance, buying a cordless vacuum will give you the flexibility to carry and transport the gadget wherever you want. It will also give you better freedom of movement to clean hard to reach spots on your computer. These gadgets are also much easier to charge and store – perfect for office goers.
On the other hand, while corded PC vacuums can limit movement, they generally tend to be much sturdier than their cordless counterparts and hence last longer. In the end, it all comes down to your personal preference.
If you are buying an electronic vacuum, might as well get your money’s worth and invest in a device that offers the best value. It’s worth paying a little extra for PC or keyboard vacuums that include attachments and accessories. This will allow you to use the vacuum on multiple devices. Additional attachments will also allow you to get better use out of the product, making it easier for you to clean hard to reach spots.
Look out for PC vacuums that include micro-cleaning tools, extra brushes and crevice tools. A carry case and extra tips will also come in handy in the long run.
Since your motive here is to buy a mini computer vacuum, there’s no point in looking for vacuum cleaners that are too large and bulky to operate. Laptops and computers are fragile gadgets hence it’s best to use a compact device to clean sensitive computer parts.
If you travel or move around a lot, you’ll probably be better off with a handheld mini USB vacuum. These small devices may look tiny but they perform an excellent job when it comes to cleaning dust and crumbs from your keyboard. It’s also worth noting that a smaller appliance is much easier to store.
On the other hand, if your work revolves around computer repair then you’ll probably need a portable computer vacuum that is durable and powerful. In this case, a corded PC vacuum cleaner may be your best choice.
We’re going to state a cliche here – you get what you pay for. So, if you have a low budget, you may not end up finding the absolute best but thankfully, there are tons of brands that have come out with affordable products that offer your money’s worth. Most of the vacuum cleaners we have included on this list are pretty cost-effective. And we repeat, we’ve only included the top-rated here.
If you are looking to make a long-term investment, we recommend you save up and buy the highest quality computer vacuums instead of opting for a cheaper alternative. You can also watch out for sales and discounts during the holiday season.
It’s only natural for buyers to want products that are easier to maintain and use. Invest in a notable brand that is known for offering high-quality gear and stellar customer service. You will also want to check out buyer reviews and go through all the feedback mentioned on different websites. This will help you narrow down the ideal options and will give you clear insight into the manufacturer’s customer service.
This goes without saying, product warranties are a testimony of how much a brand is committed to its customers. Buying electronics can be quite a gamble and that’s probably why you are better off investing in a computer vacuum that offers at least a one or two-year warranty.
Depending on the kind of nozzles and attachments you get with your purchase, you can use your electronic computer vacuum for all kinds of purposes. This includes cleaning up paper scraps, particles from your makeup bag. Either way, you probably won’t need to clean your computer every day so you might as well invest in a versatile vacuum cleaner that you can use for multiple purposes.
Customers are always right, at least that’s how it works in the capitalist world. Check out the multiple reviews posted on other websites and blogs. This will give you a clear idea about the product and whether it really is worth your money.
How do Computer Vacuums Work?
We’re pleased to let you know that computer vacuums are fairly easy to use. It’s a good idea to read the instruction manual that will arrive with your purchase since each appliance may function differently. Depending on the power source, you may have to charge the gadget before putting it to use.
Computer vacuums work similarly to regular vacuum cleaners as both use suction. However, PC vacuum cleaners are specifically designed to be used on computers. We highly advise against using a regular vacuum cleaner on your PC. It could damage your system and may also endanger the user at the same time.
Benefits of using a Computer Vacuum?
Here are a few primary benefits of using a computer vacuum:
- Clean PC/Keyboard: Dust, dirt and crumbs are all likely to find its way inside your computer and most importantly, the keyboards. Not only is this an unpleasant sight to see but it can also alter the way your PC works in the long. To prolong the life of your computer system, invest in a PC vacuum that will help you clean sensitive computer parts in the most convenient way possible.
- Germ-free: Working with all that dust and typing away on dirt laden keyboards can’t be too good for your health. Not to mention, your keyboard most likely has crumbs all over it if you eat at your desk. This might as well become a breeding ground for germs and insects. By getting a good computer vacuum, you will no longer have to worry about inviting creepy crawlies to your work station.
- Specially Designed for Computers: If you think using wipes or cleaning cloths is a good replacement for computer vacuums then you are badly mistaken. Using the wrong cleaning methods can damage your system. If you want to prolong the life of your laptop, this is unmistakably the best way to do so. And that brings us to our next pointer.
- Prolongs the Life of Your Computer: Computers are expensive and like any other gadgets, they require maintenance and cleaning. Purchasing a computer vacuum is the finest way to prolong the life of your PC and keyboard.
- Good Value for Money: All in all, a mini electronic vacuum is a handy gadget to have. Depending on the attachments you get, you can use the gadget for cleaning different items around the house.
Risks and Precautions when Using Computer Vacuums
It’s always in your best interest to take extra caution when using electronic devices and appliances. Not reading instructions carefully and using electronic devices carelessly can lead to a number of potential injuries and accidents. Here are a couple of precautions you should take while using computer vacuums:
– Read the Instruction Manual Carefully
People are usually tempted to simply skim through the instruction manual without actually reading what it says. Don’t make that mistake! Read the manual carefully and get in touch with the brand if you have any questions (this is probably why you invest in a brand that offers excellent customer service.
– Keep Away From Children
With all other electronic devices, remember to store these appliances away from children. PC vacuums contain small parts and attachments which may serve as a choking hazard. Also remember to store the product away from direct sunlight and don’t use it with wet hands or on damp surfaces.
– Turn off the PC Completely
The last thing you want is to suffer an electric shock when you are cleaning your computer. Remember to shut down your computer. This might not be important if you are only cleaning the keyboard but it’s still a good safety precaution.
Here are a few steps you should follow before starting the cleaning process:
- Completely shut down your computer
- Remember to unplug any power cords as an added safety precaution. You should also turn off the power switch located at the back of your PC
- This may sound inconvenient but unplug any cords or devices that are hooked on to your PC. Doing so will allow you to completely remove the outer box without creating a mess. Removing other electrical items out of sight is also a good idea as it will provide you better freedom to work
- Use manufacturer guidelines to open the outer box of your computer. You may have to use added tools for this process
– Don’t Use a Regular Vacuum
We can’t seem to emphasize on this enough, do not use your regular vacuum cleaner on your PC. Also, please note that you will have to specifically put your money in an anti-static computer vacuum if you plan on vacuuming the inside of your computer system. Using a regular vacuum cleaner can do some serious damage as it will generate static electricity.
So there you have it. These were just some of the best computer vacuums you can get your hands on in the market. We know many people are skeptical about investing in electronic vacuum cleaners for PC but trust us, once you take this path, it is difficult to go back to your regular life! Plus, it’s much more fun working on a clean, dust-free keyboard.
Shopping for a computer vacuum will not only ensure your keyboard and computer parts remain clean but it will also prolong the life of your electronic devices, allowing you to get best of the world.
Which mini computer vacuum did you like the most? Let us know in the comments section below.