Anyone with long hair or long-haired pets knows how bad carpets can get. Many people with standard vacuums have carpets and hard floors that are embedded with hair, pet fur, dirt and sand that simply won’t come out. This makes the air harder to breathe and your home isn’t truly clean, regardless of how much you vacuum.
That’s where a best vacuum for long hair comes in. These are specialized vacuum cleaners that are made to remove all that hair from your floors at home or hair salon. The best vacuums for long hair indiscriminately remove both long human and pet hair. You’ll find this makes cleaning your living space so much easier, and the tangle free vacuum cleaners do have additional features that you’ll love using.
We cover the top-rated hair vacuums in a variety of price points to find something to fit your budget. This ensures that everyone, from the luxury crowd to those who need an efficient and affordable vacuum, can get the best long vacuum for their needs.
Comparing the 10 Best Vacuums for Long Hair
Our comparison chart is here to give you a quick snapshot of the best vacuum cleaners for long human hair, dog hair, dust, debris and peeling skin on carpets or commercial salon floors. We’ve made this so you can easily compare each product based on its key features to make a hassle-free decision.
Also, be sure to read on for a detailed review of each hair and dust vacuum below. Come back to this table when you’re finished reading to ensure you’re making the right choice of hair vacuum system.
|Best Long Hair Vacuums 2020||Corded/Cordless||Weight||Price|
|Shark Navigator ZU561||25-30 feet||13.4lbs||Check Price|
|Dyson V8 Animal Vacuum||Cordless||5.64 lbs||Check Price|
|Shark Rotator NV752||30-feet||16.7 lbs||Check Price|
|Shark ION RV750||WiFi, Cordless||5.51 lbs||Check Price|
|Shark Navigator NV356E||30-feet||13.7 lbs||Check Price|
|Eureka Mighty Mite 3670G||Corded||11.9 lbs||Check Price|
|Hoover BH50020PC||Cordless||7.3 lbs||Check Price|
|Shark Navigator NV360||25-feet||13 lbs||Check Price|
|Hoover Linx BH50010||Cordless||10 lbs||Check Price|
|Bissell Pet Hair Eraser||Corded||17.75 lbs||Check Price|
Detailed Reviews of Long Hair Vacuums
Welcome to our hair vacuum reviews section. Here we’ll be looking at the best vacuum for long hair and diving deep to show you what’s good, what’s bad and what you can expect from each vacuum for picking up hair. We’ll be starting with our number one pick, but each tangle free hair vacuum here is fantastic.
#1. Shark Navigator ZU561: Best of the Best
- Self-cleaning brushroll for powerful pet hair pickup with no hair wrap.
- The Zero-M brush cleans itself for nonstop hair removal
- Swivel stick and detachable canister to clean stairs and other difficult areas
- Long 25-foot cord and 2.2-quart dust cap capacity
Shark has built itself into a top-tier vacuum brand known for their efficient and unique appliances. This unit has the patented Zero-M brush that cleans itself as it runs. This means that hair is consistently removed from the brush and placed in the dust cup, where it belongs. For those who never want to deal with hair wrap, this is the best wrapped vacuum cleaner and it works great with human hair, pet fur and long dog hair.
You can choose between two modes. Upright mode allows you to take advantage of the swivel stick as it glides across carpet and hard floors with ease. This gives you a powerful, deep clean on any surface. On the other hand, Lift-away mode removes the stick and allows you to carry the canister and a hand vacuum around to clean stairs, furniture, carpets and other difficult areas.
On top of the deep cleaning action, this is an ideal vacuum for those who have allergies. The Shark Navigator ZU561 features a strong HEPA filter that traps dust and a complete seal against allergens escaping back into the air. When you’re all finished, the canister lifts up for easy dust removal. This is a feature-enriched shark vacuum that’s simple to use and highly versatile for long hair removal.
- Features two modes to clean floors, stairs, furniture, long pile carpets and anything else
- Prevents hair wrap entirely by automatically cleaning the brush as it runs
- Deep cleaning and traps allergens in the strong HEPA filter
- Some people find it difficult to push this vacuum on very thick carpet
#2. Dyson V8 Animal: Best Cordless Stick Vacuum
- Cord free; Hassle free; Powerful suction; Washable lifetime filter
- Completely cord-free and provides 40 minutes of continuous suction
- Hands-free bin with a capacity of 0.14 gallons
- Uses Dyson’s two-tier cyclonic V8 motor for enhanced power
The number-one selling point here is that the Dyson V8 is cordless. You’ll never have to worry about moving the cord, unplugging it to reach another room or tripping over the cord as you work around the home. Fortunately, the battery is good and gives you 40 minutes of continuous use without a motorized tool. Using a motorized tool gives you 25 minutes of use. Even better, MAX Mode dramatically increases power and you have eight minutes of use of fade-free power.
The vacuum head is designed with a stiff nylon brush to get deep into the fibers and remove dirt, dust, long hair and any other minute particles. There are numerous attachments to help you extend or shorten the vacuum based on your needs. The washable filter lasts a lifetime and captures any allergens you suck up. At less than six pounds you’ll have no problem using this around your home or hair salon.
That being said, Dyson is renowned for powerful hair vacuums and the Dyson V8 is no exception. It’s 150 percent stronger than the Dyson V6 and it all comes from the revolutionary two-tier radial cyclones. On top of that, the attached bin releases with ever being removed from the main unit, which makes it convenient and hygienic.
For a unique blend of convenience, power and world-class features, the Dyson V8 is an exceptional vacuum cleaner for long human, pet hair and even cat litter that will serve you well in the long run.
- Exceptional battery life between 25 to 40 minutes of continuous use
- Cordless and lightweight for ultimate convenience, plus it’s perfect for deep cleaning
- Very powerful suction that’s great for long hair on carpets or hard floors
- Highly portable at 5.64 lbs. of weight only
- Noiseless operation throughout use
- Bin is somewhat small at 0.14 gallons
- Charging can take three to four hours, but you should be able to finish your home or small hair salon before the battery dies
#3. Shark Rotator NV752: Best Pet-Friendly Hair Vacuum
- 2-IN-1 POWERED LIFT-AWAY TECHNOLOGY: Allows you to lift the pod away to deep-clean hard-to-reach areas, like under furniture, while the powered brushroll keeps spinning.
- Features several modes to easily clean every part of your home, include upright mode, lift-away mode and above-floor mode
- Fingertip controls for switching between carpet and hard floors and a long 30-foot cord
- Sealed HEPA filter to trap allergens like dust and mold along with a 3.3qt dry cup capacity
This is Shark’s original full-sized vacuum and it has all the features you need to properly clean your home without getting clogged with hair. You’ll find this tangle free brush roll vacuum is pet-friendly and has no problems sucking up pet fur and long hair from any carpet or floor. Not only this, but the sealed HEPA filter ensures that dust and allergens stay inside the hair vacuum and aren’t released back into the air.
With this shark vacuum for long hair, you can switch between several modes with ease. Upright Mode is for standard vacuuming and the swivel stick makes steering a breeze. On the other hand, Lift-Away Mode allows you to detach the canister and continue to use the vacuum head for sustained power and enhanced reach. You can also use a smaller hand vacuum for stairs and furniture with the Above-Floor Mode. On top of all that, it comes with a motorized brush for even more dust-sucking and fur-collecting power.
We love how the dust cup holds 3.3qt, which should be more than enough for most homes and medium hair salons. Even better, the fingertip controls allow you to switch between hard floors and carpets in seconds. You also get LED lights on the large vacuum head to spot any dirt, dust or short human hair if you missed.
For good reasons, this shark vacuum for long hair weighs about 16.7 pounds in Upright Mode, which makes it lightweight and easy to maneuver. The weight is reduced in other modes since you’re leaving the swivel stick behind. Whether you have allergies or just want some deep cleaning, the Shark Rotator NV752 is a fantastic hair vacuum that you’re sure to love forever.
- Features several different modes so you can easily vacuum around corners, on stairs and through other difficult areas
- Lightweight design and many useful features, like the sealed HEPA filter, LED lights and a motorized brush
- Traps pet fur with ease, regardless of whether you have a long-haired or short-haired dogs
- Fairly short hose length in Above-Ground Mode, be sure to keep the canister close
- Cord is non-retractable, which some people might find annoying
#4. Shark ION RV750: Best Robot Vacuum for Long Hair
- THREE BRUSH TYPES. ONE POWERFUL CLEAN: Tri-Brush System combines side brushes, channel brushes, and a multi-surface brushroll to handle debris on all surfaces.
- Automated vacuum that does the whole house for you with very little user interaction
- Performance brush that is self-cleaning and optimized for carpets and hard floors
- Lithium-ion battery lasts about 60 minutes before needing a recharge, which the robot vacuum will do automatically
Automated vacuums have been around for years now, but they are still amazing to watch. There’s something soothing and relaxing about watching a robot vacuum clean your home, especially since this keeps you from doing the work. Not only are you getting a little robot companion, but you’re getting the power and performance that Shark vacuums are famous for.
With Shark robot vacuum for long hair, the performance brush is helix-shaped for thorough cleaning on low pile carpets and hard floors. There are also dual-spinning side brushes that suck up particles from corners and edges. We love how the robot vacuum uses sensors to assess the floor and any obstacles and works accordingly. Aside from avoid objects like pets, babies and anything laying on the ground, these sensors allow the Shark ION to adjust power as needed.
Not only is the performance brush great for collecting dirt and dust, but it can also suck up long pet hair and human hair. The brush is also self-cleaning to prevent it from getting clogged by hair, dust or anything else on the floor. Its low-profile design allows it to get under furniture and other difficult spaces. The battery lasts for about 60 minutes and the Shark robot will return to its charging station when the battery is getting low. If the battery gets low before it’s finished, it will recharge and then get right back to work.
You must do an initial setup with the Shark robot vacuum, but this should only take a few minutes. You also get nine feet of bot boundary tape. This hair vacuum cleaner will sense the tape and immediately stop. It is especially good for stairs or any areas restricted to the vacuum. When done with cleaning, the dust-bin is accessible from side of the robot and can be easily removed and emptied.
Of all our favorite features, there is an included app that allows you to sync the robot vacuum with your smartphone. This will alert you if there are any warnings or problems. It also makes it even easier to control the hair vacuum. If you have Alexa, then you can issue voice commands to the Shark ION. In general, this is a highly effective vacuum for long hair that is amazing to watch and it automatically cleans your home. While the novelty aspect is strong, this is definitely more than a novelty item.
- The performance brush is fantastic for picking up hair, dirt and dust while the side brushes get deep into corners and edges
- Smartphone connectivity for even more control
- Automatically cleans the home with little user interaction
- A good WiFi signal is needed to ensure the Shark robot vac works properly
- Some people found the Shark ION couldn’t properly dock for recharging, be sure to map your home correctly during the installation to avoid this issue
#5. Shark Navigator NV356E: Good Quality Upright Vacuum
- Dust cup capacity 2.2 quarts; Lift away; Press a button to lift the canister away and easily clean hard to reach areas
- Swivel stick for upright cleaning and Lift-Away Mode to clean stairs, furniture, long curtains, upholestry and other hard-to-reach places
- Sealed HEPA filter that captures 99.9 percent of dust and allergens
- Lightweight at 13.7 pounds with a cord length of 30 feet
This is a great vacuum cleaner and you’ll love using it around the house to pick up hair. The Shark Navigator NV356E features several modes that make cleaning the home easier, and the washable HEPA filters traps 99.9 percent of all dirt, dust, debris, skin flakes and other common allergens that it sucks up. It works wonders on pet hair and is able to remove long dog hair from carpets and hard floors. Not only this, but it also features a long 30-foot cord that makes cleaning a lot more convenient and simpler for young and elderly alike.
In Upright Mode, this 13.7-pound vacuum allows you to glide across both high pile carpets and hard floors with ease. You can use controls on the handle that enable you to select between the two modes. This allows the brushroll to give you extra power while on carpet or to stop the brush to ensure it doesn’t scratch vinyl tile or sealed wood. When you want to clean stairs or other difficult areas, the canister can be removed in Lift-Away Mode. With the canister in one hand and a hand vacuum in the other, you can clean nearly anywhere around your home including upholstery, furniture, drapes and ceiling fans to remove all the dirt and dust with ease.
With Shark NV356E, you get two HEPA filters for trapping 99.9 percent of allergens. The pre-motor filter should be washed and air dried every three months while the post-motor HEPA filter should be cleaned every two years. Both of these work in conjunction to trap these allergens and remove them from the air.
Although, the Shark Navigator NV356E doesn’t have quite as many features as our top pick, this is still one of the best vacuums for long human and pet hair and it delivers far above standard performance. This is a versatile, powerful and efficient hair vacuum cleaner that can be used to clean any living space or commercial hair salon.
- Versatile hair vacuum that easily switches between carpets and hard floors with the touch of a button
- Features two washable HEPA filters to collect 99.9 percent of allergens
- Lightweight at 13.7 pounds and has Lift-Away Mode to clean stairs and other areas
- Noise can be annoying for some vacuum owners
- Somewhat narrow brush width, might take longer to vacuum larger rooms
#6. Eureka Mighty Mite 3670G: Best Canister Vacuum for Long Hair
- Dust cup capacity - 2.5 liters. Ideal for quick and efficient cleaning
- Lightweight vacuum at less than nine pounds that’s easy to carry around the home
- Attachments for cleaning carpets and hard floors along with extensions for longer reach
- Has a 20-foot cord and 10 amps for powerful cleaning of dirt, dust mites, pet hair, litter and pet biscuits
The Eureka Mighty Mite 3670G is a lightweight and powerful vacuum for long hair that can clean up any surface. You get a multitude of attachments that enhance the versatility of this vacuum cleaner for upholstery, furniture, carpets, drapes, hardwood floors, ceilings and tiles. There’s an attachment for carpets with a deluxe floor brush, one for hard floors, a nozzle and an extension wand. There’s also a blower port on the opposite end for blowing away debris.
Unlike many of the other hair vacuums here, this is a conventional canister vacuum with a disposable bag. While this is associated with older technology, bags have some benefits that you might like. Unlike canisters that you need to empty after every use, the bag will usually last for around six months. While you will have to buy additional bags, but they last for a long time and allow you to collect a massive amount of dirt, dust, pet litter, long hair and cheerios, etc. Speaking of hair, this works wonders at picking up even coarse, long hair embedded in carpets.
Due to size of the vacuum head itself, cleaning stairs and furniture should be simple. The 20-foot cord is a good length and the lightweight body requires little effort to move around. If you’re looking for a powerful vacuum for long hair with many attachments, then this is an excellent buy. It might not have the most modern features, but if you’re just looking for a good hair vacuum cleaner, then this vacuum will serve you well.
- Many attachments for altering the length and making this vacuum suitable for carpet, rugs, upholstery and hard floors
- Has a HEPA filter that traps allergens and picks up pet hair with ease
- The bag lasts six months under normal use
- Auto-shut off prevents the vacuum from overheating
- The vacuum hose can kink easily if you’re not careful
- Only one attachment fits on the vacuum body, the rest must be stored somewhere else
#7. Hoover BH50020PC: A Quality Stick Cleaner to Tackle Hair
- NEW ITEM AVAILABLE: Linx product line will be discontinued from the Manufacturer. Please visit the Hoover ONEPWR Evolve Pet (BH53420PC) page for the new version
- Cordless vacuum with a rechargeable lithium ion battery
- Low-profile design and extreme recline handle that can fit almost anywhere
- WindTunnel Technology creates powerful suction and removes embedded dirt, dust, pet hair and surface debris
There’s something special about each cordless hair vacuum. It gives you complete freedom to go anywhere without worrying about outlets or moving the cord around. The Hoover BH50020PC is a powerful, sleek and versatile vacuum that is built to get around corners and under furniture for an amazing cleaning experience. Not only that, but it does a wonderful job of picking up long hair along with dirt, deep embedded dust and pet litter.
The handle can deeply recline to fit under just about anything. There’s also edge cleaning bristles that help remove particles in edges and other hard-to-reach places. You can switch between carpet and hard floor cleaning with fingertip controls. Furthermore, the WindTunnel Technology ensures you get powerful suction from beginning to end. You’ll find a “Fuel Gauge” on the top that indicates remaining battery life.
When you’re all finished, remove the dust cup and dump out the contents. We love how this hair vacuum is made for ease and simplicity. Not only that, but at just 7.3 pounds you’ll find that this vacuum is so easy to navigate around your hair salon or home. This is one of the best vacuums for long human hair and you’ll fall in love with its cordless performance.
- Cordless technology allows you to vacuum anywhere regardless of outlets
- Easy to get under furniture, beds, sofas and other difficult places
- Strong suction that will easily trap long pet hair and fine dust particles
- Battery lasts about 20 to 25 minutes and requires about 60 minutes to fully charge
- Relatively small dust cup that you might have to empty while cleaning
The original product is out of stock, check out this closest alternative:
- Every Purchase Saves Pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
#8. Shark Navigator NV360: Another Shark that Doesn’t Disappoint
- POWERFUL SUCTION: Deep-clean carpets and tackle bare floors with multi-surface powerful suction.
- Sealed HEPA anti-allergy filter that traps 99.9 percent of dust and allergens
- Lift-Away Mode to clean stairs, furniture, dorm rooms and other difficult areas
- Lightweight 12.5-pound vacuum with swivel steering and a 25-foot cord
This lightweight vacuum for long hair is able to suck up dirt, dust, long human and pet hair with ease. It only weighs 12.5 pounds and goes down even further to 7.5 pounds in Lift-Away Mode. The large-capacity canister allows you to clean without interruption and it’s simple to empty. You get a sealed HEPA filter that traps allergens and prevents them from getting back into the air.
With Shak Navigator, you get an Upright Mode that is aimed at standard vacuuming and the swivel stick allows you to glide over carpets and hard flooring. On the other hand, Lift-Away Mode disconnects the canister and allows you to clean stairs and other difficult areas. Along with the standard vacuum head and hand vacuum, you also get a pet power brush to suck up embedded fur.
If you’re looking for a versatile and powerful vacuum for longer hair, then the Shark Navigator NV360 is a lightweight and intuitive unit you’re sure to love. The filter captures 99.9 percent of allergens and both Upright Mode and Lift-Away Mode make it easy to clean all areas of your home.
- Powerful suction and a large 11-inch cleaning path
- Sealed HEPA filter prevents 99.9 percent of allergens from going back into the air, perfect if you have allergies
- Lightweight at 12.5 pounds and comes with lots of accessories such as power brush, crevice tool and dusting brush
- Using it on thick carpet can be strenuous because you need to push the vacuum
- Some customers complained about dust cup being a little difficult to remove
#9. Hoover Linx BH50010: Best Stick Hair Vac Runner Up
- NEW ITEM AVAILABLE: Linx product line will be discontinued from the Manufacturer. Please visit the Hoover ONEPWR Evolve Pet (BH53420PC) page for the new version
- Cordless vacuum for long hair with a rechargeable lithium ion battery
- WindTunnel Technology provides powerful suction that removes long human hair, dust, debris and dog hair
- Extreme recline handle and edge brushes to clean any area with ease
This cordless hair vacuum cleaner gives you the freedom to clean anywhere with ease. You don’t have to worry about cords or outlets. Not only that, but the low-profile body and extreme recline handle allows you to reach under furniture and other difficult areas for deep cleaning. Speaking of deep cleaning, the powered vacuum head easily picks up dirt, dust, human hair and long pet hair without getting clogged.
That being said, the hair vacuum weighs only 10 pounds. You’ll find edge brushes on the side that are perfect for picking up dirt and fine dust. The handle has fingertip controls so that you can switch between carpets and hard floors with ease. Under there you’ll find a battery gauge that tells you how much power is remaining. When you’re all finished, there’s an easy-release dirt cup that you can empty out.
If you’re looking for a powerful vacuum with cordless efficiency and auto-height adjustment features, then the Hoover Linx BH50010 is one of the best long hair vacuums for the money. While the battery should be enough for smaller homes, it lasts about 20 to 25 minutes and that may not be enough for larger homes or hair salons.
- Cordless technology allows you to go anywhere, from the living room to the garage and anywhere else
- Good for both carpets and hard surfaces while efficiently picking up dirt, dust and pet hair
- The low-profile design can fit just about anywhere
- Battery lasts about 20 to 25 minutes, but you can purchase an additional battery to increase battery life
- Fairly small dust cup
Click here to check the price of the Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Hair Vacuum Cleaner BH50010 on Amazon.
#10. Bissell Pet Hair Eraser: Honorable Mention
- Dirt cup capacity - 1.0 liter. Buy BISSELL, save pets. BISSELL will donate 10 dollars to BISSELL Pet Foundation for each Pet Hair Eraser Lift Off purchase upon activation.
- Tangle-free brush roll prevents hair wrap and powers through dirt, dust, dander and pet hair
- SmartSeal Allergen System traps allergens and the Febreze filter removes odors
- Uses LED lighting and edge suction to help remove all debris and pet hair from your home, RV, cars and offices
Bissell Pet Hair Eraser is one of our best rated hair vacuums because it gives you many features and has a good deal of power with its seven AMP motor. Of all our favorite features, the tangle-free brush prevents hair wrap from happening, which is great if you own pets with long hair. There are even specialized pet tools and a telescoping wand to reach hard places and remove all the embedded pet hair and dust hiding in your long pile shag carpet.
This vacuum offers two modes to perform powerful cleaning around home. You can keep the vacuum upright for carpets and hard floors, or you can use Lift-Off Technology and remove the canister to clean edges, stairs and other difficult areas under furniture. The canister uses hands-free technology when it’s time to dump everything you vacuumed up. Not only this, but the SmartSeal Allergen System seals allergens inside the vacuum while the Febreze filter makes the air smell fresh again.
This is a powerful and versatile hair vacuum cleaner that does a fabulous job across the board. Perhaps the only two downsides are that the machine is somewhat bulky and heavy at about 18 pounds. At the same time, it’s a very strong unit with many great features that take its performance to next level.
- Does an excellent job of capturing allergens and freshening the air
- Strong suction for carpets, hard surfaces and edges
- Two modes to clean the whole home with ease
- Bulky design makes it difficult to get under smaller areas
- Somewhat heavy at 18 pounds
A Complete Buying Guide for Long Hair Vacuums
Our buying guide will help you judge which factors you should really consider when going to buy long vacuum hair. Please remember to keep your own preferences and needs in mind. Some aspects here might weigh heavily on your decision while others might not mean that much. This is simply a snapshot at all the main features you should consider.
Features to Look for When Purchasing a Vacuum for Long Hair
There are several vacuum types here. You have stick, canister, handheld, robot and upright vacuums with lift-away features. Choosing one that has multiple modes tends to be best as this gives you more ways to clean your home, but this is a matter of preference.
This refers to how strong the suction is. You want a powerful vacuum for long hair that’s really going to remove all the dirt, dust, debris, and human hair from your carpet, rugs and hard wood floors. While you don’t always need the strongest, you should look for one that has a suitable amount of power to meet your needs.
Brushroll Clean Technology
Some brushes will automatically clean themselves while others will eventually experience hair wrap. If you never want to clean dog hair or human hair out of the brush, then getting one that’s self-cleaning is usually the best decision.
Corded or Cordless
There are pros and cons to each. Corded never needs recharging and is often somewhat stronger, but you’re forced to find an outlet. On the contrary, cordless hair vacuums cleaners give you complete freedom as long as the battery lasts. Both are great, so it’s just a matter of personal preference.
HEPA or Washable Filters
Disposable HEPA filters usually have higher MERV ratings, which means they can capture smaller particles and prevent them from getting back into the air. Washable filters typically have lower MERV ratings, but you’ll never have to buy new ones. HEPA filers are best if you have allergies while washable is better if you don’t want to buy filters in the future.
Bagged or Bagless
Bagged vacuums for long hair are slowly becoming obsolete, but they do have benefits. You don’t have to empty the bag as often and the bag often holds much more volume than bagless vacuums. At the same time, you’ll have to buy bags in the future. Bagless vacuums are usually easy to empty, but there are times when you must get your hands in there to remove dirt, debris, litter and dog hair, which can be gross.
Weight and Dimensions
In general, a lighter and sleeker vacuum tends to be ideal choice. This makes it easier to move around the home. Heavier models might require more effort, but they tend to have more power. It’s a balancing act between what is comfortable and what delivers enough power to suit your needs.
Type of Debris
All of these hair vacuum cleaners suck up dirt, dust, long pet and human hair. It really comes down to hair performance. Some are great with sucking up long hair from pets and humans while others are suitable for medium-length pet hair.
A higher capacity means you can suck up more dirt without having to empty the cup or bag between cleaning sessions. In most cases, you’ll have to empty the vacuum when you’re all finished. Some models here have smaller capacities that might require you to empty the cup between cleaning sessions.
This makes the vacuum easier on the hand, shoulder and whole body. An ergonomic design puts less strain on your body, which is good if you experience any pain or discomfort while vacuuming long hair. It’s not essential, but it does make things more comfortable.
Performance on Other Surfaces
All of the vacuums here work for soft and hard surfaces, but some perform better on thinner carpet or certain types of hard floors while others are strong enough for thick carpeting. Most are good for all surfaces, but if you have a thick carpet or particularly difficult hard floors, then you might need to be picky about your selection.
Warranties come with nearly any appliance you buy, but you have to consider the length of the warranty and what it covers. Some warranties only cover certain aspects of the vacuum while others will cover everything. You should really read the whole warranty and ensure you’re comfortable with it before buying.
Why I Should Get a Vacuum for Long Hair
If you have long hair or pets, then you probably know the struggle of removing hair from your floors. Standard vacuums will only push the hair around or remove a minimal amount of it.
The hair then gets embedded in the floor or thrust into the hair where it becomes an irritant to breathe.
Under these circumstances, a hair vacuum is a godsend.
It will truly clean your thick pile carpets and hard floors of hair, and most will even trap them in a filter so they don’t escape back into the air.
You’ll see the difference and many new owners are shocked by how much hair they remove.
FAQs about Long Hair Vacuums
#1. How do you clean bagless vacuum in the best possible way?
The main disadvantage of a bagless vacuum is that dirt will start to collect along the edges of the cup. You should clean the cup every few months to once a year, depending on how often you vacuum. Bring the cup into your bathroom, place a tiny bit of soap and warm water in the cup and then agitate the water. This should dislodge most or all of the stuck of dirt and dust .
If not, then use a sponge and clean the interior walls. You may need to let the cup soak for a few minutes if the particles are stubborn. When finished, allow the cup to air dry and then place it back into the vacuum.
#2. When is it time to change the filters and clean them?
This is different for every vacuum and also depends on what type of filter you’re using. In general, a washable filter will usually last around three to six months before it needs to be cleaned. A disposable filter will usually last about a year or two before it should be replaced. Check the vacuum’s user guide for information about your specific model.
#3. How do you avoid static shock during the vacuuming process?
There are a few ways to avoid static shock while vacuuming. A vacuum with a rubber hose tends to shock less often since it doesn’t conduct electricity well. You can buy and install a rubber hose. You can also run a humidifier in the area you’ll be cleaning as this should cut down on the electricity in the room.
There are sprays you can use to reduce static in the room. You can buy a commercial anti-static spray at most hardware stores or you can make your own by mixing a tablespoon of fabric softener and water. Spray the vacuum hose and floor and you should notice a significant reduction in static.
We have just reviewed the 10 best vacuums for long hair on the market right now and we hope you found one that suits your needs. If you have long hair or pet at home or own a hair salon, then you know the struggle of removing hair from the carpet and floors. It gets deep embedded and stuck in the fibers, which is bad for your health as it makes the air harder to breathe. Not only this, but there’s something gross about brushing your hand along the carpet and coming back with a fistful of hair and fur.
I urge you to consider your needs and look through our reviews to see which is the best long hair vacuum for you. Each one is different and each comes at a different price. We’ve only chosen best of the best, so they’re all good to buy based on your needs and preferences. Consider what you want from your hair vacuum and the rest should be easy. Our hot favorite was the Shark Navigator ZU561 because it marks every checkbox, but you might find another one that better suits you.