With the best wall mounted vacuum cleaners, you actually get the best of both worlds. It’s essentially the combination of a handheld vacuum and a shop vac to provide you greater flexibility, no limitation of battery and ultimate power needed to carry out difficult cleaning tasks in garages, workshops, stores, homes and even cars. The possibilities are basically endless when you’ve a top-notch garage vacuum hanging on your wall ready to be used for any wet or dry vacuuming task.
No matter if you want to stop clean dust, dirt, debris, wood dust, plaster dust, sand or cement from hard floor, upholstery and carpeting, it can be swiftly done with help of wall mounted garage vacuum cleaner. Even better, you can also use some of the models as blowers by reversing the air flow. This can help you blow away leaves, dirt and even unclog vacuum hose in the hour of need.
Comparing 7 Best Wall Mounted Garage Vacuums
In our comparison chart, you’ll find basic information about all the 10 best wall mounted garage vacuum cleaners that are further down in our review section. We’ve ranked these vacuums from top to bottom based on their built-quality, performance, features, reliability, warranty and value of money for the end-user. You can also view this same order of products reflected in our review section, so that it’s easy for you to reference and navigate quickly to the desired garage vacuum review.
|Best Garage Vacuums 2020||Cord Length||Capacity||Weight||Price|
|BISSELL 180P03 Garage Wall Mounted Wet Dry Vacuum||32 feet||4 gallon||33.2 pounds||Check Price|
|VacuMaid GV50PRO Wall Mounted Garage Vacuum||50 feet||7 gallon||30 pounds||Check Price|
|Prolux Professional Wall Mounted Garage Vacuum||30 feet||5.88 gallon||25 pounds||Check Price|
|Vacmaster VWM510 Wall Mountable Wet Dry Industrial Vacuum||21 feet||5 gallon||25 pounds||Check Price|
|GarageVac GH-120-R Wall Mounted Vacuum for Garage||40 feet||1 gallon||19 pounds||Check Price|
|Craftsman Wall Mounted Shop Vacuum||21 feet||5 gallon||22.2 pounds||Check Price|
|Shop-Vac 3.5 Gallon Wall Mount Wet-Dry Garage Vacuum||18 feet||3.5 gallon||13 pounds||Check Price|
Best Garage Vacuums 2020 Reviews (Updated List)
So, you’re always viewing the most popular and sought-after units that provide greatest value for your money. We also hope that after reading our reviews, you’ll be able to find the best wall mount shop vac to get rid of all wet and dry messes at shop, garage, home or car, etc.
1. BISSELL 180P03: Best Overall Garage Wall Mounted
- Every Bissell purchase helps save pets. Bissell proudly supports the Bissell Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets
- Picks up solid and liquid debris
- Converts to a blower
- Includes 7 attachments and an accessory bag
- Cleans bare floors, carpet, and upholstery
- Four-gallon capacity
- 32′ long hose
- Extension wand
- LED tank monitoring
The BISSELL 180P03 is our top-rated garage vacuum. One of the best things about this vacuum is having the ability to clean up both dry and wet messes in your workshop, basement, automobile, garage, or work space. It comes with seven handy attachments and efficiently converts into a blower on demand. Using the attachments, you can clean bare floors, cervices, upholstery, car interior, RV’s and a lot more things. After cleaning, a semi-translucent dirt tank lets you know if the tank needs to be emptied. An LED light also indicates you when the water tank is full so that you don’t have to guess when it needs to be dumped.
We love how the blower function allows you to move leaves and dry debris out of the way. This is great for when you want to blow leaves off of sidewalks or sawdust from workbenches. You can keep your work bench and garage clean at all times. You’ll be surprised to know that this wall mount wet dry vac only weighs 33 pounds, making it easy to mount with the complete wall system.
On top of all this, the BISSELL 180P03 comes with a 2-year limited warranty, so you get some protection against premature failures. Overall, we really love this wall mounted vacuum cleaner and it provides good value for the money.
- Easily maneuverable
- Easily detaches from the wall
- Seven tools, including an upholstery nozzle and floor nozzle
- Handles wet and dry messes effectively
- Power cord is only five-feet in length
- No dust bag
2. VacuMaid GV50PRO: High Performance & Handy Wall Vac
- Includes 50' hose, hanger, caddy, wands, dusting brush, and floor/upholstery tools
- The accessories include a 50′ hose, caddy, hanger, dusting brush, extension wands, floor and upholstery tools
- The 7.7″ Ametek Lamb motor lasts 75% longer than other competitive brands
- Steel construction that is corrosion-resistant
- Holds seven gallons of dirt
- Quick mounting
- HEPA style bag
VacuMaid GV50BLKPRO is our second-best wall mounted garage vacuum and it earned this position because of several key factors. These include a long motor life, quiet operation, crush-proof hose, natural bristles on the 12″ floor brush and availability of curved and telescopic metal wands. But that’s not all, you even get a crevice tool for those hard-to-reach spaces, nooks and crannies. Using the wall vacuum makes it easy to clean your garage, workshop, automobile, basement, or anywhere that needs powerful suction.
This is one of the largest wall hanging shop vac, but its weight isn’t bad considering its size and power. Plus, it offers a 50-foot hose, which contributes to the overall weight of the unit. Basically, this shopvac is a powerhouse! You can leave it on the wall and do what you need to do over a wide area without sacrificing suction power. It also offers a large HEPA style bag that makes its use easier for people that suffer from allergies.
VacuMaid is so confident in its product that they have slapped a 5-year warranty on the wall mount vacuum, which is very generous compared to warranties offered on other similar products.
- 50′ hose length
- No tipping over as it easily attaches to the wall
- No replacement filters or cans to struggle with
- Weighs just 30 pounds
- Quiet operation
- The motor lasts up to 650 hours
- 5-year warranty
- This is not a wet-dry vacuum, as it isn’t designed to pick up liquid
- Repeated use on sawdust can wear it down faster
3. Prolux Professional: Great Mobility at Optimal Price
- POWERFUL - The wall mountable Prolux Garage Vac produces an amazing 162 CFM. More Simply put, it makes quick work out of even the most strenuous cleaning tasks!
- Powerful suction
- Wet and dry pickup
- Made of durable materials and comes with a three-year warranty
- Can be used as a blower or inflator
- Comes with extension wands, inflating tool, crevice tool, and a squeegee
- Removes pet hair with the GV Mini Turbo Head
The Prolux Professional vacuum cleaner weighs just 25 pounds but packs a punch with powerful suction and enough blower power to fill up inflatables. Its HEPA filtration system keeps the air clean while in use, making it ideal for people with allergies. The window on the 5.88-gallon dirt bin lets you know when it’s full so you can easily empty picked up debris in the trash.
This is a bagless design for users that prefer bagless over bagged household vacuum cleaners. It also comes with a 3-year warranty, so any premature mechanical failures are covered.
- One of the most lightweight wall mounted units on the market
- Crush-proof hose
- Extremely strong suction so cleanup jobs take half the time
- Many tools, including a shampooing attachment and pet tools
- Works sitting on the floor or mounted on the wall
- Exhaust air can become very hot
4. Vacmaster VWM510: Count on the Reliable & Powerful Suction
- 2-Stage Motor for Powerful Suction and Quiet Operation
- Includes a remote control
- Washable filter
- Multiple attachments
- Silent operation
- Accessory storage
- Two-year warranty
- Wet/dry operation
The Vacmaster VWM510 mounts to the wall but can also easily detach when you need more maneuverability. When needed, its 25-pound weight makes it highly portable garage wall vac to move around. As for the motor, it’s a five horsepower, dual turbo 2-stage motor that delivers very good suction while surprisingly operating at very little noise. This wall mounted vacuum can be used to detail car interiors, cleaning AC vents, dashboards and pull dirt from floor carpets. It also provides great wet/dry functionality in garages, workshops, house basements and upholstery with or without pet hair being present.
If you use the vacuum for wet messes, you can suck water out of long pile carpet as long as the foam filter is in place of the dust filter. It is because you certainly won’t like wet functions to destroy the dust filter. All of the onboard attachments give you optimal cleaning capabilities that you need with any good garage vacuum.
- Comes with two types of hoses
- The power cord is 20 feet long
- Comes with a variety of tools, including a crevice tool, floor nozzle, car nozzle, and more
- Quietest garage vacuum on the market
- Weighs only 25 pounds
- The flex hose is only 10 feet long and the standard hose is 11 feet long
- The hose is somewhat stiff
- Five-gallon tank capacity is smaller than some competitors
- It might trip #15 breakers, so #20 breakers are recommended
- Accessory storage design can be difficult to work with
- The vacuum can tip over when used on the floor
- The hose diameter is only one inch, so material can get stuck
5. GarageVac GH-120-R: Most Functional & Well-Designed
- Compact Size-Saves valuable garage space. Requires just 3 square feet of wall space vs. up to 6 square feet with other models which require the hose and accessories to be stored separately.
- Mounts flush to the wall
- The eight-foot hose extends to 40 feet
- Attractive, space-saving design
- Can be detached from the wall and used as a portable vacuum
- The design makes it easy to vacuum in tight spaces
- Multiple accessories stored inside the unit
- HEPA filtration system
The GarageVac GH-120-R has a unique design that makes it the only wall mounted garage vacuum in the world that hangs flush to a wall. It’s very portable and all of its tools are stored inside the unit. The tools include a dust brush, crevice tool, upholstery brush, and an adjustable wand. There is an airflow release on the pistol grip that reduces suction when you need it to. Kinking is prevented by a swiveling cuff. You can use this vacuum in your garage, workshop, basement, car, RV, boat, or similar environment. The HEPA filter keeps harmful debris from flying in the air.
In addition to all these accessories, you get filtration dust bags and a paper template that makes wall mounting easy. Everything that is needed to easily mount the vacuum on the wall is included.
- Lightweight for easy transport
- Six-year warranty, which is one of the best warranties in the industry
- Versatile and quick to use
- Hose length
- The five horsepower motor is as loud as higher horsepower motors
- Only holds one gallon of dirt and debris
- Not a wet/dry vac
6. Craftsman 17925: Most Compact Wall Mounted Shop Vacuum
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE: 5.0 Peak HP provides the power of a large shop vacuum in a small package
- Easily detaches from the wall for portable use
- On-board accessory storage
- Wet/dry functionality
- Includes two POS-I-LOCK hoses
- Multiple tools for easy cleaning
- Qwik Lock filter for easy filter changes
Craftsman is one of the well-reputed brands in the world of electronic equipment and heavy machines. They are known for their durability and excellent performance over the long run. This craftsman garage vacuum is one of the best compact products we’ve seen on the market designed to take care of work messes in cars and garages. The valuable floor space is kept free while using the shop vacuum, thanks to a 21-foot hose that makes it possible to clean out your automobiles, garage, or workshop space. If you need more maneuverability, the unit can be removed from the wall and easily moved around because it is lightweight. All accessories are kept on-board so they can be accessed quickly. These include two hoses, a car nozzle, a crevice tool, two extension wands, a dusting brush, and a utility nozzle.
The POS-I-LOCK hoses stay put so you don’t have to worry about slippage when pulling on the hose. Combined with the long power cord and you have some serious length to work with.
- One of the lightest wet/dry vacs on the market at just 22.2 pounds
- Five-gallon wet/dry capacity
- 20-foot power cord
- Lightweight and compact for easy portability
- Ready to go out of the box
- No wheels
- Noisy at times
7. Shop-Vac 3.5 Gallon: A Robust Wall Mount Garage Vac
- This wall mount Wet / Dry vacuum has a 3.5-gal. tank and a 3 peak horsepower motor. It offers cleaning convenience for the garage, workshop, or anywhere a hands-free vacuum is needed
- Wet/dry functionality
- Lightweight at just 13 pounds
- Includes accessories and accessory bag
- 18-foot hose
The Shop-Vac 3.5 Gallon Wall Mount Wet-Dry Vacuum is a very lightweight unit with an 18-foot hose for added flexibility when cleaning inside a garage, car, workshop, laundry room, or another area where traditional vacuuming is difficult. The assortment of accessories includes the 1.25-inch by 18-foot hose, 10-inch wet dry nozzle, 3 extension wands, a gulper nozzle, a round brush, and a crevice tool. The wall mount bracket and filters are also included.
This is one of the more compact models, but it can handle difficult jobs within reason. It’s highly effective with water removal however, use in an environment that has been flooded will require the tank to be emptied frequently. Nonetheless, this garage vacuum cleaner is excellent for removing pet hair and small debris.
- One of the most lightweight models available
- Portable and powerful as large shop vacs
- A long hose that makes reaching hard-to-reach areas easier
- Great as a car and garage vacuum
- Works well in small spaces
- Excellent for water removal
- Does well with cleaning up pet hair
- No on-board accessory storage
- Small tank capacity at just 3.5 gallons
- Only 3.0 horsepower rating
- Small hose diameter
- The entire unit must be removed from the wall to empty the canister
A Complete Buying Guide for Wall Mounted Vacuums
Looking at all the best wall mounted garage vacuum reviews, you might still be wondering which one is the perfect fit for you. The purpose of this buying guide is to make that decision not only easier but flawless as well. So, ask yourself the following questions as you go through our buying guide:
- What do I exactly need? A garage vacuum or shop vac?
- Which applications will I be using with the shop vac or garage vacuum?
- What is the size of my work area?
- Will I be picking up large debris or small debris?
- Do I need portability?
- Do I need a high-capacity tank?
- Is cleaning up wet messes important to me?
- Do I want adequate tools and attachments?
- Is HEPA filtration important to me?
- How long of a warranty do I want?
Answering these questions will help you make the right buying decision. Not everyone is the same in their preferences, so what works for one person might not work for you.
Features to Consider When Buying a Wall Mounted Vacuum
The following is a breakdown of each feature and consideration that you should take into account when shopping for the best wall mount shop vac and garage vacuum.
The first thing to consider is size, which is going to factor into the weight of the unit, as well as its canister capacity. Large size can also translate into more horsepower. If you need a small wall mounted vacuum with power, look at the design. There are some designs that are sleek without sacrificing power. The opposite is also true, as there are large units that don’t pack the punch. That’s why you have to pay close attention to the specs rather than the size since the size doesn’t always tell the story.
The higher the horsepower, the stronger the wall vacuum is going to be. If you will be doing large jobs, such as sucking up sawdust in a woodshop, you need a higher horsepower motor. This means you need more than five HP. Tasks such as cleaning out and detailing your car, RV, or small boat can rely on a five HP motor.
If you need a blower function, high horsepower will give you more air. For instance, you will need more air to blow up a large inflatable swimming pool than you will need to blow up an air mattress. Blowing snow requires more power than blowing leaves. Consider the possibilities before making the final decision.
The environment you need to clean will determine hose length. A workshop might require more length than a one-car garage. In other words, you don’t want to use a 10-foot hose in a large workshop if you plan on keeping the unit attached to the wall while in use. Eighteen feet and above will give you more flexibility.
Hose length can also influence how well you reach small spaces, cervices or areas with many obstacles in the way. Even if the area to be cleaned isn’t far from the wall mounted vacuum, a longer hose can give you better maneuverability. If you don’t need that flexibility, a shorter hose will suffice.
Also, don’t let the hose diameter escape your considerations. Think about what you will be vacuuming up so you don’t end up with clogs. Of course, a broom handle can usually be used to relieve clogs, but that can be inconvenient when you can opt for a wall mount vaccum with a wider hose better accommodates the debris size you are tackling.
This is an area where you consider why you need a garage vacuum or wall mount shop vac and what you will be using it for. If you need five or 6 gallons, you are certainly not going to buy a 3-gallon capacity vac. Of course, the unit gets heavier with a higher capacity tank, but you can’t really help what you need when your applications call for it.
If you need high capacity, make sure the canister can be removed from the vacuum while it is on the wall. You don’t want to have a full canister and the vac be too heavy to remove. This could be problematic.
But how do you know what size you need?
If you will be cleaning your car’s interior, shop, stores, garage and house basement, then you need a five- to six-gallon unit. For smaller applications, you can work with a three-gallon or smaller unit. However, know that smaller means less suction.
Bagged or Bagless
Some people don’t like to deal with bags and prefer canisters. A bag can be pulled out, sealed up, and thrown away. However, a bag can be punctured. A canister can let dust loose when the contents are dumped into the trash. Nonetheless, replacing bags can become costly over time and that’s why some wall mount vacuum users like bagless. It comes down to your preference.
The type of debris you will be vacuuming up also plays a role in what you choose. If it is something that needs to be better contained, a bagged unit will help you seal up the contents. If the debris is larger and not as dusty, then bagless might work for you.
Tools and Attachments
The tools and attachments are an important part of the decision-making process because you should be able to get everything you need to get the most out of your wall mounted vacuum. Common tools include brush tools, floor tools and nozzles for any type of flooring, telescoping wands, dusting brushes, crevice tools, upholstery tools, and pet hair removal tools. It’s important to review the tools that come with each shop vac or garage vacuum you are interested in so you can select the right wall mounted vacuum cleaner that will give you the most versatility.
Again, you must consider your intended applications so you can invest in a wall vacuum that has the right filtration system. A HEPA filtration system keeps harmful debris from releasing into the air. If you are going to be vacuuming up a lot of dust, this is something you want to consider. Large debris that doesn’t throw contaminants into the air won’t necessarily require this level of filtration.
If you want more out of your wall mounted vacuum, look at the special features. Common inclusions are on-board accessory storage, accessory bags, POS-I-LOCK hoses that keep the hoses and accessories in place, LED control panels, see-through windows on waste containers, full water container alerts, blower functionality, pistol grips with controls, included wall mount kits, and wheels.
Look at the added features for each garage wall vacuum and see which fits your needs the most. The easiest way to do this is to make a list of your favorite units and compare them like we did in our comparison chart.
Warranty and Support
The warranty says a lot about what a manufacturer thinks about the integrity of their products. Warranties typically cover defects. So, the longer those defects are covered, the more protection you have against a malfunction that occurs when the wall mount vacuum is being used according to its instructions.
Support is also important. If something breaks, you want to be able to get a hold of someone who can assist you with the problem. It’s fine to look at the manufacturer’s website to see their support hours and how to get a hold of them. Look at reviews to see what vacuum owners have to say about customer support.
FAQs About Wall Mounted Vacuums
The following are commonly asked questions about wall mounted garage vacuums and shop vacs with answers that will help you with the buying process.
What Is a Wall Mounted Garage Vacuum?
A wall mounted garage vacuum is a vacuum that mounts to a wall so that it is out of the way.
Not only does this save space, but the vacuum isn’t in the way when using it to clean an area or vehicle.
The hoses are typically long enough to reach the target areas. If the hose isn’t, the mounted vacuum can be detached from the wall.
Once removed from the wall, how far the unit can be taken depends on the length of the power cord. Overall, the functionality is like a non-mountable garage vac.
Should I Buy a Specific Garage Vacuum?
The garage vacuum you buy is entirely up to you. You can buy according to our recommendation or you can buy according to your needs. Just make sure you evaluate those needs before beginning the shopping process so you can quickly identify what works best for you and what doesn’t.
What Benefits Do I Get by Owning a Wall Mounted Garage Vacuum?
You get a fully-functional vacuum that remains in one place while you move around the area you are working on. There is no struggle to store it because it is on the wall and out of the way. It simply saves space. Furthermore, you get the features that you need while ensuring the cleanliness of your workspace, garage or shop.
By following this buying guide, you are given the tools you need to sift through the best wall mount vacuum cleaners and make an informed decision. By now, you’d be able to find the right size with a motor and hose length that works for you. The capacity should be something that you can work with, whether it is bagged or bagless. Any tools and attachments that are important to you and quality of the air while you work should be considered. All in all, it’s a must that you get everything you need from the features to the level of support if something goes wrong. In the end, you should feel good and confident about your purchase of the best wall mounted vacuum cleaner.